Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Southeast: On the Road this August

Back packing can be addictive.  I've tried it once when we went to Vietnam. So I thought why not try it in my own country. It would be fun.  So this August I will be on the road again with my partner in crime.  The fun is at the end when you have accomplished your list as planned.  And I leave the planning to my friend, she's more detailed than I am and more experienced.  I don't trust my estimating skills, I have tendencies to be blond. (no offense - I grew up watching Alicia Silverstone's, Clueless! As If!)

I used to travel with airport transfers and readily booked hotels.  For a change, I like to wander in an unknown city carrying only my back pack.  I've seen The Amazing Race and I just want to do something like that. This August, we will go southeast and feel the breeze of the Pacific Ocean. (I'm from the central)

We haven't decided yet if we'll fly Cebu-Surigao or Cebu-Butuan yet.  The goal is to leave on August 21 and reach Davao City August 26, 2013.  Within 5 days, we should be able to visit these spots and take a picture.  First stop will be Cagwait Beach.  (source: http://boyetstour.blogspot.com/2013/01/cagwait-white-beach-tandag.html#.UgcV_dJTDM0)

After a year of trying to get a fairer skin I think I'm ready to take a plunge on a salt water under the heat of the Sun.  Afterall,  I've never seen the Pacific Ocean yet. So tell me, who is not delighted with this pic?

Source:http://boyetstour.blogspot.com

I apologize, I may not be able to tell you about which bus to take and how long from one place to the other, yet.  I put my trust to my partner on her research ;)


Next stop is the Enchanted River in Baranggay Cambatong.  I've learned about this enchanting river last year and has been planning to go there.  At first I thought it was not in the Philippines.  I thought it was one of those meteorite craters carve by mother nature located somewhere the jungles of South America.  Surprisingly, this place is just a few minutes ride from the town proper.

Enchanted River (source: Department of Tourism, Caraga, http://www.dotcaraga.ph

"Its river system is one of the most magnificent bodies of water in the Philippines. Many tourists and locals alike have been captivated by the natural beauty it holds and plenty have endured the long travel just to swim in its 80-meter deep, bright, blue waters."-DOTcaraga

Off we go to: Britania Islands. 

"this place is made up of 24 islets, beautifully scattered in Lianga bay, facing the pacific Ocean. Located at San Agustin, Surigao del Sur." (source: http://sunkissedvixen.blogspot.com/2013/03/britania-island.html)

and who would miss Tinuy-an Falls.

Tinuy-an Falls (source: DOTcaraga,  http://www.dotcaraga.ph/#/tinuy-an-falls)
"Situated in the forest of Borboanan, Bislig City is the majestic Tinuy-an Falls. The falls is approximately 95 meters wide and 55 meters high and is dubbed as the “The Little Niagara Falls” of the Philippines. Tinuy-an is one of the most visited tourist spots in Caraga region being known for its wondrous white water that curtains and flows in three different levels and is said to be one of the widest waterfalls in the country."

who say's we are done?  the last phase will be Davao.


We'll start in Davao Oriental and visit the majestic Aliwagwag Falls. (for more pictures visit blog source)

Aliwagwag Falls (source: http://filipinas-beauty.blogspot.com/2013/02/majestic-aliwagwag-falls-davao-oriental.html)

For our last stop, we will visit Samal Island. "Samal is a 2nd class city in the province of Davao del Norte, Philippines. Its official name is the Island Garden City of Samal"

Samal Island (source http://boyetstour.blogspot.com/2012/10/samal-island.html#.UgcfCdJTDM0)

Life is so beautiful and short, so explore! Don't be a tourist in your own country.



2 comments:

  1. Partner in crime through bulge pollution and all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that embarrassing moment can never be forgotten! eyes on the board!

      Delete