Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Birthday At La Creperie Paris

There's a new diner in town called La Creperie Paris. So, its French and they serve crepes (can it be more obvious?!)


My friend took me there on my birthday because:

1. I tried to learn french yet failed.
2. Paris is my dream destination.
3. I have a huge crush with the French chef.
4. and the crepes

I have tried to learn French since college. The pronunciation is just too difficult and spelling is another story. The only main reason why I enrolled those classes was because I like how it sounds.



There something about the Eiffel Tower that amazes me, like a moth glaring at a flickering oil lamp, every time I see a picture of it.  My minds starts to wander.  When will I see you Paris?


I didn't really know he's a chef.  We met him at Mövenpick. He's the boyfriend of my friend's friend's-friend. He caught my attention while he was in this small pool nothing but he's board short.  Drool.  He started talking and I caught his accent.  He was from South France. Interesting.


I didn't really fancy crepes.  There's something in the pancake that disagreed with my tongue until I tasted the mango crepe from Marco Polo.  So when my friend told me that the crepes at La Creperie Paris tasted good I took her word for it, plus I know the chef and it was a birthday treat, how could I say no? 

They serve two types of crepes, the salted crepes (the breakfast type) and the sweet crepes (the dessert kind.)

La Fermiere: Bacon. Mushroom, Emmental, Mozzarella and Egg @ 185 pesos
Salted crepes are made from buckwheat flour.  You can never go wrong with bacon. Surprisingly I like it.  It was heavy actually or perhaps I did not come with an empty stomach. La Classique was marked with a flag on their menu.  Its the chef's specialty made of Ham, Emmental, Mozzarella and Egg.  I prefer bacon than ham so I chose the first.


For dessert my friend chose the mango.  The pancake tasted good.  It was thinly made the way I want it. It tasted good overall however, I wish they seasoned the mangoes with butter, lemon and wine they same way in Marco Polo.  The fresh mangoes were not as sweet.  (so I've tasted better mangoes)   


I chose apple-cinnamon with salted caramel and vanilla ice cream. I give this 2 thumbs up. I can be biased. but hey who doesn't love caramel and vanilla.  Toppings are toppings, what I watch in a crepe is the crepe (I call it pancake) itself. and this compliments well with the toppings without the eeekkk taste.


Like any other french meal.  I wrap it with a fine coffee.



They are located near Sacred Heart School for Girls.  Its near Homebakers along Juana Osmena St.  They are open 11AM to 10PM. see the facebook page here.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment