Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Pocketful of Sunshine At Canso X

Feb 15, 2014

A week after my trek to Mt Sirao, a friend invited me for another outdoor activity.  Me and my selective reading saw the words hike and Balamban (a town in Cebu) without hesitation I cleared my calendar.

I don't know, maybe, I guess its just me and my mellow dramatic bones but there's something about the sun. It gives happiness even if it hurts you, just like love.  Snap.  Okay I went overboard. (this is what you get for toggling from this page to fb reading status. haha)

The crisp scent of fresh air from the greens tickles me. The lovely sight takes away the pain I started to feel. (I hate descend, it weakens my knees).  And life is like that, we need inspiration to keep moving forward. So what inspires you?


A one fine day with nature. The clouds. Reminds me of a childhood poem by William Wordsworth "I Wandered Lonely as Cloud"
"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze." 
                                                    


But naahhh, of course I was with friends and actually I met new friends too. or maybe they were the daffodils. This is me spacing... my mind wanders a lot.. ;)


Finally a creek.  It was time to wash and rest.


While I found a good spot to just hug my knees under a shade, I played with the stones. I tossed one then another. I must have hit the play button as the music started to play. Like an orchestra, the water started to hum as it hits the stones. Then the leaves joined in chorus as they sway with the soft wind.

"So open up your morning light
And say a little prayer for I
You know that if we are to stay alive
Then see the peace in every eye"

Don't blame me, I grew up watching Dawson's creek.  I must be hungry that time.

This and more outdoor activities in Canso X. It is a 12-hectare themed leisure eco picnic park offering a variety of outdoor entertainment and attractions developed by AboitizLands.  The e-mail from my friend that I selectively read was about their soft opening.  Located in baranggay Cansomoroy Balamban Cebu.

I can reconsider camping but biking, I leave it to the experts.  During soft opening, everyone was treated for yoga, hooping, poi, parkour and capoeira exhibitions. The best of Balamban’s delicacies including mais, bibingka and coconut were also offered.


While X stands for extreme, I kept mine within.  


click. click. click.


Just be a kid again and play!


Here's their promotional video. Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment