Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Hidden Beach of Aloguinsan

On a tight budget and looking for a white sand beach just a few hours from the city this summer?  This maybe the place you are looking for. Hidden Beach, Aloguinsan Cebu.


This fine grain white sand beach is no longer hidden. Aloguinsan is a municipality along the west coast of Cebu.  It is approximately 2 hours from the city.  Ideal for day tour. 

Fifteen years ago in my surveying class, we visited this place to make a topographic map. I would say that this municipality really knew how to keep its secret hidden. I remember walking some distance through a rough terrain, some grass, and some muddy area before we reached this beauty carrying with me some surveying instruments. 

Last May 1, after our Bojo river cruise, since its just 10 minutes from the town proper my friends and I decided to drop by.  This beach is no longer hidden as rough road has been constructed leading to this beach where the water sparkles as the afternoon sun hits it.

  
11:30 AM after we packed our things we went to the town proper for lunch.  The people from the Bojo River can call a motorbike for you.  It costs 20 pesos.

You can find several eateries at the market.  Lunch cost me 60 pesos and its already enough to fill me for the next few hours.  From the town proper to the beach that's another 10 minutes for 20 pesos motorbike again.


Finally! In a one hot humid afternoon, the cool clear water of the sea is a perfect solution. The entrance fee costs 15 pesos. If you like to rent a table that's 150 pesos and the cottage is 300 pesos. Yes, its very budget friendly.


to our right,


to our left


The powdery white sand.  Amazing how they were able to maintain the place from 15 years ago.  Its still the same beauty I've seen.


I spent the whole afternoon in the water. No jellyfish stings. No annoying seaweeds.


I'm now a certified beach person.  I love this place.  Here's a postcard for you.

---
Going back to the city. The same motorbike drivers we contacted and agreed for 50 pesos to the next town, Pinamungahan for the Ceres bus terminal.  According to the Ceres bus driver, their permit to have a terminal in Aloguinsan is still on the works. An aircondition bus from Pinamungahan to the city costs 100 pesos.

Going there, you can take the route we took.  click here.

or from Cebu City South Bus Terminal, there's a regular route going to Pinamungahan then from there you can ride a motorbike or jeepney to Aloguinsan.

4 comments:

  1. I can still vividly remember this place Ron. I can't believe it is still there. Do they still have those stone houses for rent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still vividly remember this place Ron. I can't believe it is still there. Do they still have those stone houses for rent?

    ReplyDelete