Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Ice Cream Story

"There’s no doubt about it—breakups suck. But in the first few hours or days or weeks that follow, there’s one important truth you need to recognize: Some things can’t and shouldn’t be fixed, especially that loser who dumped you or forced you to dump him.

It’s called a breakup because it’s broken, and starting right here, right now, it’s time to dry your tears, put down that pint of ice cream, log out of his e-mail, and open this book to Chapter One–and start turning your breakup into a breakover." Greg Behrendt

picture courtesy of google

Author of equally famous book, He's Just Not That Into You, Greg Behrendt slaps you with hilarious facts about things we stupidly do after breakup that includes digging a pint of ice cream. He said that the answer to the emotional turmoil cannot be found at the bottom of the container. But there's something about ice cream that can lighten your mood so that didn't stop me! haha Even the calorie count didn't scare me.

picture courtesy of google
So it started with Magum. The craze was all over facebook which includes posting of empty wrappers.  It even went PG when a friend posted a picture with only a white towel wrapped around his waist and holding a chocolate truffle magnum inviting all readers to lick it like a disco stick. In every convenient store they always run out of supply.

I wasn't so crazy about it because I was in love with Caramael Macchiato from Starbucks. My friends and I never fail to grab one after our visit from S&R.  In a car on our way home, with the radio on to set the mood, singing on top of our lungs, laughing trip, bullying each other and digging the ice cream (sorry of the lack of phase, somehow it doesn't sound right). Actually, I miss doing it seems like everyone is busy.


One hot Sunday afternoon, I went to a convenient store for something, I checked the fridge and there's one magnum left.  Curious, I thought, maybe it's meant for me. So I bought it and that's when I joined the bandwagon.


Ben and Jerry was a different story.  It was the same situation Greg described in his book.  I found out I was the third person, they broke up, we eventually broke up, I dated someone, we broke up too because I wasn't over with the first one. Two break ups in a short period of time. A pint of ice cream wasn't enough.



There's a new ice cream in town, Blue Bell. It's a new craze for some limited few because its a bit pricey and its only available at Rustans. 


I love vanilla ice cream. It's soft and creamy and the cookie is chewy, yum! And yes it came with a heart break story too!

Maybe I should stick with Magnum, I kind of like the serendipity story.


No comments:

Post a Comment