Monday, September 23, 2013

The Art of Doing Nothing: Living a Royalty Life @ Shangri-la Mactan

flashback:

April 14, 2013.

Eat.Pray.Love.  This movie had been very inspirational.  Perhaps at one point in my life I felt the same way. The only thing is, I got stuck at EAT stage.  Liz portrayed by Julia Robert as she went to Italy learned about this old Italian expression "Il Dolce Far Niente" which means the art of doing nothing.

All my life I had been fighting to be the best in everything I do at school (who could memorize the periodic table), at work and even at home.  I had always been the second best and you know what they say, the runner up is the first loser.  Stinger right?  (Take note the tenses, it's past tense form, so if you ask me how am I doing? thank you, I'm ok now).  Disclaimer: this is not a rant post. haha!

Although, it took me great time to really understand the situations, an open mind and a good heart were all i needed.  "What wont kill you will only make you stronger" as the song goes. It was a matter of perspective, how I perceived things, saw things, saw it half full.  I couldn't erase the past.  It was the way it is, a learning experience.  So I evaluated my values, the things that really matter to me. Kept good relationships.  Since then, I have chosen my battle.  It's not the prize but the journey.  And that includes love life. Maybe, this is the only part that I cannot not accept as me second best.

With all the chaos in the city and the drama rama, I've learned how to take care of myself.  A little escape helped; a quality time to sort my mind just to feel the moment. So here's what I did last summer.

The art of doing nothing: Living a Royalty Life @ Shangri-la Mactan

Waking up in the most comfortable bed.


Fruits for breakfast


the comforting sea breeze; feeling the moment!


just be lazy in a Jacuzzi. warm water relaxes the muscles keeps your blood flowing.


Sight seeing. Enjoying the view.  Feeling the moment.


Getting ready.  A dip in the pool would be refreshing after a humid afternoon.


would you still worry if you see this view?
 

what about this? worrying can damage brain cells


be surrounded with beautiful people.



laugh with friends.


and smile.

  
PS
Special thank you to Luigi for arranging everything and Marc for the pics. I love Shangri-la!

No comments:

Post a Comment