Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Trek to Sirao Peak Part II

“The ship is safest when it is in port, but that’s not what ships were built for.” ― Paulo Coelho, The Pilgrimage

Maybe I'm a ship sailing at work. The ocean isn't always calm. I struggle but my hands are still holding the wheel. Aye-aye captain. Things will be as calm as this pic soon.


Throwing pebbles into the water, I came back to my senses.  We were given 20 min rest. Some took a plunge. I just sat  in a corner with my water and candy.  I don't know anybody yet and I'm awkwardly shy.


Then we continued our walk.  The trail got more difficult.  While climbing we had to strangle ourselves through some vines since there were part of the river we can't pass through. The soil were lose and some parts were slippery. All we had to grab were the roots and some vines. Some vines have thorns. Never grab those grass ascending, it cannot hold you. Step the wrong foot and you'll be hanging through the vines.


The rocks gets bigger and bigger.  Just like any other show, when its ready for the finale, the curtain rises and reveals the final stage.  The boulders cleared our path. Holler! to this grand falls.


I am safe for now.  It's time for lunch...

photo credits to Normania Addams

No comments:

Post a Comment