Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Trek to Sirao Peak Part IV - Finale

“When I asked you if you wanted to, I was not testing your courage. I was testing your wisdom.”  ― Paulo Coelho, The Pilgrimage

We were close to our destination. It was within our reach.


While resting on this huge old tree, I recited:

"I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast; 

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;" 

- Joyce Kilmer

I was thirsty and I was running out of water and I run out of energy bars.


The sun was setting and the greens turned golden.


The temperature dropped and the breeze got colder.


We never made it to the top.  This was the farthest we could go. As the sun set, it would be impossible to see the trail when dark embraces. Only a few of us had lamp and the forces of nature is dangerous to fight against. We may have not reached our destination, anyhow we left happy and fulfilled.

I achieved what I came for. A break. A time to think. A time to sort things. Whatever had been bugging me, I had buried it somewhere along the trail. It's not the finish line but the journey.

So let this craziness at work be part of the learning journey, the sun will set and it's going to be a new day!

photo credits to Normania Addams

No comments:

Post a Comment