Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Dinner At Maya - A Mexican Restaurant

Happy New Year!

Every year it is a roller coaster ride at work and that's what makes it - interesting.  So long as at the end of the day, if you work hard then you've got to learn how play hard too.

2012 we went for all-you-can-eat lunch in Marco Polo where I changed my views about mango crepes and pink salmon sushi.  The thought of eating raw fish gross me out and the combination of pancake and cream leaves a distinct taste.

I thought I should give it a try. The sushi wasn't as bad as I thought. It was soft and just melted in my mouth. But it's not something that I will crave for.  It was their mango crepe that surprised me as it tasted so good. Perhaps because of the lemon and the liquor they added to the syrup and the pancake was thinly made. And the fact that I love vanilla ice cream.

2013 I was tasked to book a venue for dinner.  It's difficult to find a fine diner during Christmas season. My new boss didn't find Radison Blue impressive and Harold's for him was like so-so.  Although I've never been there. Luckily I was able to booked Maya, a Mexican restaurant, run by Abaca group of companies, together with equally famous A Cafe and Phat Pho.



I couldn't help but pose. How I wish our door is like this!


Part of the dining experience is the ambiance. I like the rustic feel and not the usual colorful Mexican walls.




While waiting for the rest of the officers to arrive, for starters we had the nachos with beef and beans, the chimichanga and the spicy chicken wings.




Now for the main course.

prawns

beef

chicken

pork ribs
The menu was in Mexican, I couldn't read it well, all the more memorize it. I forgot to take a photo of the menu, it would have been the most convenient as I don't bring pen and paper. hahaha

Now I feel dumb. I asked the patient waitress for translation. All I understood was it was a lamb shanks. Hahaha


And this came, I thought I ordered for a roasted lamb. Anyway, this tasted good just like our local kaldereta (goat stew).

For desserts we had flour-less chocolate cake with almonds in chocolate sauce.  This is the by far the best tasting chocolate cake I've tried.


and the leche flan.  My office mate's leche flan tastes better.



the people I both love and hate in the office.


Good place, good food and good people.  That was a perfect night!

 
P.S.

It's nice to dine with a prof photographer.  Thanks Jay-ar for letting me use your photos...

2 comments:

  1. Tagpila ang cake? Lami lagi na! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mao na ang wala nako na bantayan if how much each.. I just checked the total bill.. hahhahaa

      Delete